Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Help them enjoy grooming

Although it always makes me smile to see their tail full on wagging as they walk into my shop, I am pretty sure that your dog has a long list (if they could keep a list) of things he or she would rather be doing then standing there while I tug and pull at their coat. Might I suggest that we do all we can to make their visit as comfortable as possible. First we must come to the realization that brushing does not remove matts. Brushing and combing your pet prevents matts.
If you would like to start a routine of combing or brushing your pet, do it right after a full groom.
This way you will be brushing him or her tangle free. It will not hurt and hopefully they will actually learn to enjoy this personal time with you. All your pet really wants to do is be with you.

Questions or comments welcome at dusty.dog@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment